Emergency Warning Lights flasher, question?

I own a 1999 chevy malibu, I am looking to put Item # FS044

in my car. My question is can i simply swap this flasher for the Hazard light

flasher, in my car so when i activate the hazard switch it will not make my signal lights operate in a on..off..on...off fashion but in the wig wag fashion? for roadside construction purposes. If so how do i go about doing this? Thanks for the help, John p.

For those who do not know what wig-wags are:

\\

littledino24

flasher, in my car so when i activate the hazard switch it will not make my signal lights operate in a on..off..on...off fashion but in the wig wag fashion? for roadside construction purposes. If so how do i go about doing this?

I am assuming wig-wag is alternate flash left-right-...

As far as I know all plug in turn signal and hazard flashers are 2 terminal - they break the current through them. They do not have separate connections for left side lights and right side lights. The wig-wag flasher is 3 terminal - it, I presume, needs left side and right side lights circuits separated. And the left/right side lamps may only be connected together when the turn switch is operated.

You might try searching google, or google groups for how this is done.

bud--

Reply to
Bud--

flasher, in my car so when i activate the hazard switch it will not make my signal lights operate in a on..off..on...off fashion but in the wig wag fashion? for roadside construction purposes. If so how do i go about doing this?

No it will not work. The hazards are hard wired to flash togeather. You would need to change the wiring in the car.

Voltmaster

Reply to
Voltmaster