Day time running lights

I am trying to somehow turn off the operation of my day time lamps. One way i think i can take them off is to take out the fuse. Is this smart, will it effect anyhting else or is it safe? or is there another way to go about this? Thanks alot for the help.

Reply to
littledino24

------------------------ Why do you want to bother doing that? The benefits are greater than the costs and you have already paid for them. I wish more manufacturers would also have tail lights included with the daylight running headlights. VW had the right idea with the 94 Jetta in which normal low beams and tail lights were used - no noticable loss of lamp life and actually a convenience. They have apparently changed this - among other good ideas that they dropped.

Reply to
Don Kelly

There is probably a relay involved that can be interrupted with a switch. More often than not, there is a tray full of these under the hood, and they are usually fairly well labeled. Make sure you interrupt the relay coil, and not the light circuit, since this will be much easier on your components.

Reply to
Long Ranger

On my '95 ciera there was a switch behind the e-brake pedal. I think I just jumpered it out with a piece of wire.

Reply to
Ryan Evans

Reply to
Rich256

Try pushing the park/emergency brake one notch. That will shutoff the DRLs on some vehicles. I know this as I accidently did that while working on a GMC pickup. It will also light up the dash brake warning light. Dean

Reply to
Dean Hoffman