Fwd: Can LED bulbs be connected to a flasher?

-------- Forwarded Message -------- Subject: Can LED bulbs be connected to a flasher? Date: Mon, 14 May 2018 14:08:24 -0500
From: snipped-for-privacy@Weiser.com Organization: Aioe.org NNTP Server Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
A friend with a small retail store. He has two lighted signs with changeable letters on them. One sign has a flasher on it. The other one is steady ON. The flashing one has incandescent bulbs, the steady one has CFL bulbs. He wanted the "steady ON" one to flash, so he put a flasher on the plug. In a few days the CFL bulbs were dead. I looked at it and told him he cant use a flasher on CFL bulbs. It burns them out quickly. Rather than buying incandescent bulbs for it, I was wondering if LED bulbs can handle a flasher? Does anyone know?