Curtek Lights - Strobe - Warning and Nav lights for RC

I have recently installed a Curtek lighting system

in my latest bash, and I would like to share my experience. This heart of this system is a small, durable controller board with 3 channels with multiple connections for each channel (*continuous current,

*strobe, and *remotely triggered continuous current). The remotely triggered output works by using any channel of your reciever, typically the throttle, to activate a continuous current the lighting controller. This channel can also be used to activate a micro relay to control anything you can image. One perfect application would be to hook the retracts to the landing light channel.

In Action: This system is absolutely striking and mesmerizing to experience. The 'Learjet Combo' features 9 lights that closely mimic the full scale lights of jet airliners. The lights are extremely bright and have an obtuse viewing range with extreme visibility toward the 60^ of light deflection- except for the very narrow landing lights which are like little spot lights. The wiring is tight and the connections are very clean and solid.

I recommend the Curtek lighting system to anyone who is interested in running lights. The lights can extend visibility in daylight too.

Curtek's weak point is communication and order processing- which should improve in time. Emails typically take a few days to be answered, and your order may take 4 or more business days to ship. If you order from Curtek, expect this and you will not be disapointed. The kits are custom made, which takes time, but your order will get processed. I will install one of these systems in every kit that I build from now on.

S. Tailor

Reply to
S.C. Tailor

| I have recently installed a XXXXX lighting system

in | my latest bash,

What is a `bash' in this context? Kit bash?

| and I would like to share my experience. This heart of this system | is a small, durable controller board with 3 channels with multiple | connections for each channel (*continuous current, ...

And are we expected to believe that you have no connection to this company beyond being a satisfied customer? You'll have to forgive me for being skeptical ...

Reply to
Doug McLaren

It's only $50! Not bad!

Reply to
jeboba

the learjet package he describes is $65

Reply to
jeboba

DOLLARS!

Reply to
Pat

Pat, Depends on what you want. They have just the lights and controlers, then they have a couple of combos that you can buy that have just about everything you need. The website is setup pretty good and I liked the videos demoing the products and the pictures showing the installs. Price for the learjet combo is aroun 65 dollars which according to the website is 10 dollars off the regular price. I ended up ordering the lear combo to go into my Fantasy Kit from skysharkRC. John

Reply to
John Graham

Sorry to be obscure. I mean that I installed the learjet combo into my latest bashed kit- Sig 4 Star.

You are forgiven. I am in no way connected to Curtek and I do not have any association with anyone who is connected with Curtek. I took a chance and bought the lighting kit after seeing a link to Curtek on rcuniverse.com. I am a modeler from Oregon who personally knows one poster on this forum who can vouch for my identity if you would feel more at ease by knowing my real identity. If you are interested, please email me, and I will gladly do this for you. I dislike the frequent deception of online communication and I like things in the open.

I did correspond with the company owner, who is a bright young man with a new startup company. I sent a quite harsh communication to the owner because the order was taking too long to ship, (5 business days). Matt explained his situation satisfactorily, and item did ship that day, and the package arrived quicker than I expected. Communication is poor, but I am sure that this will improve.

I was honestly impressed with the product and the owners story. I am most happy to see a true 'private' business startup and provide a great product.

S. Tailor

Reply to
S.C. Tailor