Ampacity question/problem

On 8 Mar 2007 05:22:43 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com Gave us:

I was talking to the other person that top posted, not you.

You didn't do anything incorrectly, until you forgot how to trace a thread or even read the fact that I quoted HIM in my response to HIM.

It's ok though dude. If you are worried, back up the steel with a copper strap along it.

Reply to
MassiveProng

On 8 Mar 2007 10:02:46 -0800, "contrex" Gave us:

Sure, bub. Except that the term has been used for over a century, and is taught in electronics around the world.

You were likely sleeping when it was referred to, and DEFINED as "current carrying capacity".

You see, dipshit, some folks just like to make single word terms that define a specific aspect of operation.

Even E=MC^2 has a far longer definition.

So get with the program, dingledorf.

Reply to
MassiveProng

On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 18:07:25 GMT, "cr500r" Gave us:

Top posting, TOFU Usenet retard!

Learn and obey, dipshit.

Reply to
MassiveProng

On 8 Mar 2007 12:36:52 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com Gave us:

The stainless would have to be an eighth inch bar stock to get hot at 4.2 amps.

Still, I would insulate it along its length with a shroud of non-conductive sheathing.

Reply to
MassiveProng

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 12:31:23 -0900, "Gerald C Newton" Gave us:

Cool call/reference, G.

Reply to
MassiveProng

Connecting two different metals and exposing them to air will cause corrosion, adding heat will accelerate the corrosion.

BTW I'm going to keep top posting just to piss off MassiveProng, he doesn't add anything to this group except insults.

"MassiveProng" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com... ... If you are worried, back up the steel with a

Reply to
cr500r

here:

Cr500,

Thanks so much for the help. The explination of the subject and the references provided were very helpful. This will be very helpful if the piece is redesigned with different dimensions or for any reason we use a different type of metal. I will continue to check new threads in hope of providing help to others as you did for me.

Thanks,

-Erik

Reply to
edannemiller2002

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 21:28:40 GMT, "cr500r" Gave us:

Yeah, right. Aren't you the twit that thinks that ampacity refers to a melting point?

Were not all your pathetic calculations based on a melting point?

The two are NOT related... at all!

You refer to FUSING point. An entirely different realm of electrical engineering and physics.

Get a clue, dipshit. And YES, you deserve any name I throw at you for your retarded top posting baby bullshit, especially when you even declared that you were doing it deliberately.

I do not expect you, however, to be mature enough to see how adolescent you are.

You are proof that numerical age does not an adult make, little boy.

Reply to
MassiveProng

No, Erik started off with the melting point, then he realised it wasn't part of the solution. My calculations proved that the stainless steel he had in mind would work.

First you think those calculations are overkill, and now they are pathetic. I guess that means you don't understand them

Further proving you don't understand, Erik understood, why can't you?

I must admit it's a little fun to see you rant and rave, but I'm bored now.

Reply to
cr500r

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 22:12:52 GMT, "cr500r" Gave us:

You have not proven anything... ever. Not in this group or anywhere else. The only thing you have proven is that you ignore standards and conventions due to being a lazy TOFU fucktard.

That alone should have gotten you ignored by all from the get go.

Reply to
MassiveProng

On 11 Mar 2007 22:43:22 -0700, "Danny" Gave us:

Methinks you're just being retarded now.

Ever use the term "Voltage" or "Wattage"? Technically, neither of those are real terms either. You need to face the fact that you terms list is not the be all end all fact sheet, dumbass.

Hey... I got one... describe for me what a "dry solder joint" is, if you have any balls, boy

I'll bet you can't, yet it has been in use in the industry for decades.

This should be funny...

Reply to
MassiveProng

On 11 Mar 2007 22:43:22 -0700, "Danny" Gave us:

Fuck off, jack-off. Not your buddy.

Reply to
MassiveProng

On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 01:57:42 -0600, Bud-- Gave us:

Certainly not due to any retarded asswipe assessments a dipshit like you makes.

Reply to
MassiveProng

make up ur mind....i can't do both at the same time.......................buddy

Reply to
Danny