Analyze the 1090 MHz channel and simulation with ns-2

Hi all !
I have to analyze the capacity of the 1090 MHz channel used by airplanes' transponders to transmit/receive air traffic surveillance
services (such like ADS-B and TIS-B). ADS-B (Automatic Dependent Surveillance Broadcast) is a surveillance service that is broadcasted from the airplanes' transponders to other aircrafts in a specific area or to ground stations. TIS-B (Traffic Information Service Broadcast) is a surveillance service that is broadcasted from the ground station to all the aircrafts in a specific range.
- Could anyone help me to start this work? - What particular aspects have I to study and describe for this analysis? Which are the steps I have to follow to do this? - I have to simulate the transmission of both services using ns-2 (Network Simulator 2, http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns /).Does an implementation of the 1090 MHz standards for ns-2 already exist?
Thank you all !
Greetings
Daniel
p.s.: delete LEVAMI from email address to private reply

service
Go to your campus registrar's office and fill in the paperwork to withdraw from the course; you've obviously wasted your tuition.
Bill
Bill Shymanski ha scritto:

Thank you Bill,
very very helpfully!!!!