Another question

I found another question on the same circuit.
For some reason the designer used -5 volts for a low (coming from another
part of the circuit) on the input of a 74AC00 (NAND gate).
The datasheet specs a min. of 0v but doesn't say anything about negative voltage.
Does anyone know what glitches and/or damage this can cause?
Thanks again!

What part of "minimum of zero" negates ALL negative voltages do you not understand?

I understand, but what happens if this is done?
How does the chip act?