Another question

I found another question on the same circuit.

For some reason the designer used -5 volts for a low (coming from another part of the circuit) on the input of a 74AC00 (NAND gate).

The datasheet specs a min. of 0v but doesn't say anything about negative voltage.

Does anyone know what glitches and/or damage this can cause?

Thanks again!

Reply to
Steve

What part of "minimum of zero" negates ALL negative voltages do you not understand?

Reply to
SoothSayer

SoothSayer wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I understand, but what happens if this is done?

How does the chip act?

Reply to
Steve