Basic Electrical Question

Hello,
I'm sure this will be an easy question for you all who are in the business.
I need to wire a room to power up computers (desktops and monitors).
I know the room has 20 amp circuits. I'm having a hard time understanding what the labels on the computers say they need versus what I know is in the room. For example, a monitors power requirements are 100-240V 50-60Hz 1.8 A and the desktop requirements are 115/230V 6.0/3.0A Hz: 50/60.
Now, I'm pretty sure 1.8a and 6.0/3.0a are the AMPS. However, I'm confused by the second one (6.0/3.0a). What does that mean? Why isn't it one or the other?
Thanks.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

The higher the voltage, the lower is the current needed for a particular unit.
Thus your desktop needs 6 amps if powered from a 115v supply but only 3 amps, if connectd to a 230v one. The electrical power consumed will be near enough the same, as power equals volts multiplied by amps.
Your monitor will also take a different current when connected to a different voltage supply. It's just that they haven't (apparently) put both currents on the label. Try the detailed spec in the manual, or ask the monitor's manufacturer.
--
Sue

us:

Most auto switching PSs are a little bit more efficient at the upper end. Nothing very noticeable though... just a couple of percentage points, and a bit better on power factor.
Not sure about the ones where a switch has to be flipped.