Blowing Light Bulb..

Palindrome wrote:

Yep - I can assure you that the Somerset clan are just as troublesome!
Here in the US we call 'em gremlins, but I'm pretty sure they're the same species.......
Jeff Waymouth
cupra wrote:

Jeff Waymouth wrote:

<SNIP>
We have gremlins too - the diiference is the pixys and faeries *can* be good to you if you treat them well!
http://www.themodernantiquarian.com/site/2249
"Another less common legend, but one which is found elsewhere in England and Scandinavia alike, is that of a ploughman who was at work in one of the Sidwell fields. As he worked he heard what he took to be a child crying, and lamenting that it had "broken its peel," round the barrow. The "peel" is the long wooden shovel with which the bread is put into the old brick-ovens, but the man went to see if he could find the child, whom he supposed must have wandered from home. He could see no one, but on the side of the mound was the broken peel, which he mended with string, being good natured, and supposing that the child could not be far away. When he left work in the evening he went to see if the peel had been recovered. It was gone, but in its place was a cake hot from the oven of the grateful pixy."

-------------- What about Terry Pratchett's Pictsies? Give them a bit of scumble and they will be very helpful.

remove the X to answer
Call a Priest.