Coax/telephone question on my run to garage

Do you know anythign abotu how far telephone and coax can be ran? I have two options.
1st, run another conduit down the outside wall of the garage beside
the one I will run for power and bring both phone and coax up through the garage wall and down into the trench in separat conduit with the power. Run would be roughly 140 feet.
Also, I will have to run water at the end of the house. (It is in the video the long winding route between the tree and field lines to the back of the house.) I can run it in this ditch to the crawspace. Distance would be roughly 190 feet but an easier install becasue of not having to fish it inside the garage wall.
The phone will be a plain phone. The coax will be connected to my rooftop antenna on the house for local tv stations and also will be connected to an interior dish network sat box so I can watch whatever the sat box is tuned to.
What do you think?

If the telephone service is already several hundred yards, or even a couple of miles, from the exchange your extending it by 140 feet isn't going to make much difference.

What about the coax?
stryped wrote:

You can add an amplifier if it's too weak to watch. You might wand to run a Cat 5 network cable while you're at it. You may need it in the near future.

Run two, and use the other for the phone line. This will give you extra options in the future for more phone lines, video cameras, alarm systems, intercoms, what have you.
CS
CS wrote:

I ran four 3/4" conduits between the house and the garage. The power comes in at the other end of the garage in another conduit. I ran five conduits between the garage and a one bedroom cottage as well. (Four 3/4" & one 1.5" for power) All but one run is in use. It will be used to expand the security system. I recently picked up a monitor & three security cameras from a friend's Thrift Store that was shut down.
The guy from the cable company freaked when he saw the locking pull boxes & patch panels when he arrived to install my broadband internet connection. He had never seen a system that complex in a residential setting. :)

Just use a wireless LAN. Worse case? Use directional antennas to form a psuedo-closed "private" channel.

Telephone lines are designed to run kilometers of copper wire from the central office to your outlet. Quite typical line lengths are in 1-5 kilometers range. So installing less than 100 meters of extra cable to the line should not be a problem and is barely noticeable in the the service as long as you use similar twisted pair cable as telphone company uses or better (for example CAT5, CAT5E or CAT6 UTP).
The discances you mentioned should be also doable with coaxial cable antenna connection. You need to select suitably low loss cable (designed for long runs, typically thicker than the cheapest cables) and suitable antenna amplifier.

--
Tomi Engdahl (http://www.iki.fi/then /)