DA System vs. Data Logger ?

I am looking for advice on purchasing a system to record 5 force load cells and acquire the peak load on each for multiple gripped tensile testing. I plan on using S-type load cells that are calibrated to about 3 mv/v/lb output. I was thinking of using 5 digital readout indicators but would prefer some data acquisition system that would be less expensive. I have about $600 budgeted for the readout system as I already have load cells. I don't know much about DA systems and would like some canned version if possible. My reading frequency is less than 10 readings per second.

Is there anything out there that would do this job inexpensively?

Reply to
gtslabs