ENT - electrical non-metallic tubing

I have seen this product in the supply houses, but have never seen it actually used.
What is the "sweet spot" for ENT? Apparently it tries to fill a void between
NM, AC and EMT but I am not sure exactly where.
Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance.

between
I have seen it used in apartments that require conduit. Communication runs in other occupancies. Around here they call it smurf tube.
Personally I like the idea of a grounded conduit system

I have seen metal conduit rusted through on several occasions. I have also see the thin wall stuff being supported by the wires.
For most cases, the major justification for metal conduit is that is acts as a shield. I would not trust is as the sole ground path (iow: run a green wire.)
Obviously there are cases where the extra strength or heat/fire/solvent resistance if netak is needed but I am no fan of metal conduit.

| |> I have seen this product in the supply houses, but have never seen it |> actually used. |> |> What is the "sweet spot" for ENT? Apparently it tries to fill a void | between |> NM, AC and EMT but I am not sure exactly where. |> |> Any thoughts? |> |> Thanks in advance. | | I have seen it used in apartments that require conduit. Communication runs | in other occupancies. | Around here they call it smurf tube. | | Personally I like the idea of a grounded conduit system
I do, too. But I'd want to make sure each connection is very good electrically in my "ham operator occupied" house.
ENT is the compromise between NM and EMT. Most AHJs will let you use this in unfinished spaces like your garage where they think NM is not resistant enough against physical damage. You can also bury this directly in concrete. It is actually easier to push wire through ENT than EMT or RMC so it does make a good wiring method for people who want to be able to change their mind.
I might add that it is very easy and inexpensive to repair.

in
enough
is
good
I am also torture testing a piece of 3/4" on my boat. It is the perfect size to sleeve a teleflex steering cable. 10 years later it is holding up fine and my steering cable looked brand new the last time I looked. I was losing one of these every few years from salt water.