EXCELLENT Quality Circuits book

Hi,

I am looking for an EXCELLENT quality circuit analysis textbook, one that uses SPICE analysis throughout the text. I need to brush up on my electronic circuit analysis techniques, and I've forgotten a lot over the last 10 years. Some I remember, but many other areas are fuzzy.

I have an older edition of The Analysis of Design of Linear Circuits, but the book is rather hard to follow. I remember not liking this text back when I took my last circuits class. If you have a favorite or know of an excellent circuits book, I would very much appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks, Tony

Reply to
Tony

Tony,

Personally, I find Alan Hambley's "Electrical Engineering: Principles and Applications" to be a very good introductory/refresher course on circuit analysis, "the basics" and transient analysis, and a bit on semiconductors, op-amps and all. It only includes an appendix on SPICE. Very good introductory text. If you're fairly comfortable with all that stuff and just want a quick refresher and deeper analysis, then Hambley's "Electronics" is a good follow-up book, but it presumes familiarity with basic analysis, like Ohm's, Kirchoff's (aka "Nodal Analysis") and Thevenin/Norton, with a quick refresher at the beginning. This text, however, does have SPICE work at the end of each chapter to apply what the chapter taught.

As a caveat, Hambley uses PSpice, which is graphical, and does not cover anything about writing spice from simple netlists. However, there is extensive documentation online (look for stuff about Spice3) covering this.

H> Hi,

Reply to
Carlton Stedman