Fluke vr101 disturbance recorder

Has anyone here used one of these devices?

Feedback please......

TIA

Reply to
OneGuy

Yeah I do, it`s not much cop but better than nothing.

gp

Reply to
Gavin Parsons

They work. However, as with any metering/monitoring device, the application is what counts. What are you planning to do with it? Knowing that you will get more meaningful answers. I have tested dozens of power quality monitoring devices and many of them are great if applied correctly. None of them work well in all situations. Simple as that.

Charles Perry P.E.

Reply to
Charles Perry

Here here

I have used Flukes 43's 43b's, ACE 4000, Multilins, BMI, Dranetz, as well as Analyzers from CH and SqD. My favorite is the RPM, (approx $25000.00 with all the toys and report writer) Charles is correct no one meter is good in all situations. Disturbances can be micro, even pico seconds to sags and/or swells. It really depends on what your looking for. Or what you think your looking for. Power line disturbances can be very infrequent which requires long periods of monitoring to determine what is happening.

Good luck

Reply to
albown

Thanks. I (we, me and several other engineers and techs, whatever) have tested all that you list and many more. We can confuse the heck out of an RPM (and others) or slip events right by them. We know what events they misclassify, what events they just plain miss, what events cause the meter to reset. I have a theory about power quality monitoring, never trust the data you get until you know EXACTLY how the meter performs in all situations.

Charles Perry P.E.

Reply to
Charles Perry