Fuse label colors

Can some one help me out, Im trying to figure out what the color of the fuse labels mean. example cartrige fuse 15 amps and under has a navy blue label above 15 amps is a green label

600 volt fuse is a red label edison base plug fuse 15 amps and under has blue color 20 amp plug fuse has orange color 25 amps to 30 amps has green color Does anyone know anything further about fuses. Thanks
Reply to
Administrator Carl

current is color blind. just read the values.

Reply to
TimPerry

Bussman does talk about color coding their fuses a few times on the web site but I got tired of looking before I found the color code chart. I know there does seem to be a plan..

Reply to
gfretwell

color coding makes sense on parts that are so small the numbers would be tiny and parts that heat (like resisters) where the marking may burn.

it also makes sense for automotive type fuses to be colored. the average user can more easily replace a red fuse with a red fuse and get it right.

on large fuses there is plenty of room to indicate current, voltage, and type with no ambiguity.

Reply to
TimPerry

Bussman implies that less than qualified people may be installing fuses and it is easier to replace a red one with a red one. I think it is a similar intent to the type S adapters in plug fuse panels.

Reply to
gfretwell