Has anyone knowledge about using an NM staple gun?

I found one, the Poewerfast Strap Gun, on the Internet, but have never seen one used. Has anyone knowledge of these or others? They are supposed to save 30 per cent on labor for installing NM cable.

ref:

Gerald Newton

I used the Arrow T-18, T-25, T-37 and T-75 for various sized cables. In places that plenty of room, they were very useful. Just about any place you can hammer in a staple, you can use the guns.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Reply to
Long Ranger

Looked to me like a mechanical stapler, not a "powered" type of any kind, other than that you can muster yourself.

What the hell is "NM"?

Would that make your name Gerald Pneuwton?

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

NM is nonmetallic cable commonly called Romex used to wire homes for power and lighting..

Reply to
Gerald Newton

Not quite. Non-metallic cable wouldn't conduct electricity. It has non- metallic sheath.

Reply to
charles

You love to show your ignorance, don't you? Prior to Romex, BX cable or conduit was used, which was metallic.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

That's the sheath. The conductor in the cable is always metallic.

BTW, this side of the pond we call it 'Hituf'.

Reply to
charles

Proof of two things. You have zero sense of humor, and you are dumb as a box of rocks.

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

True, NM is the type of cable. The cable is named nonmetallic sheathed cable. Most people just call it rope or Romex. Anyway, the post is about the stapler. Do they work? Using a hammer and nails seems old fashioned.

334.2 Definitions. Nonmetallic-Sheathed Cable. A factory assembly of two or more insulated conductors enclosed within an overall nonmetallic jacket. Type NM. Insulated conductors enclosed within an overall nonmetallic jacket. Type NMC. Insulated conductors enclosed within an overall, corrosion resistant, nonmetallic jacket. Type NMS. Insulated power or control conductors with signaling, data, and communications conductors within an overall nonmetallic jacket.
Reply to
Gerald Newton