Home wiring: hot neutral & conjoined circuits

On 13 Oct 2004 15:38:13 GMT, Greg put forth the notion that...

Unfortunately that seems to be the trend, though. I've had inspectors come up with the most bizarre "what if?" scenarios about what someone "might" do in the future, as a way to bitch about a perfectly legal installation. I was looking at a set of nut drivers at a tool store the other day, and every one of them had a label on it advising the user to wear ANSI approved safety goggles. I bought a lamp recently that came with five different safety labels attached to the cord. I don't know who the dumbest person on the planet is, but someone's listening to him.

Reply to
Checkmate

"Checkmate" wrote

It may be that only a lawyer could misuse a nut driver as to cause something to fly off or not know how to plug in a lamp.

Then there was the Cleveland man who used his Craftsman rotary mower as a hedge trimmer (just as stupidly as you think he could) - lost a finger

- sued - and Sears paid to settle out of court.

Old saying:

There are two infinities in the universe:

o Man's stupidity o God's patience

Reply to
Nicholas O. Lindan

| You can't write codes based on what the dumbest person on the planet might do | ... in spite of what the lawyers would have us believe.

You referred to the same group of people twice in the same sentence.

Reply to
phil-news-nospam

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 18:41:26 GMT, Nicholas O. Lindan put forth the notion that...

LOL! I'm surprised he didn't try to shave with it.

Reply to
Checkmate

tool store the

advising the user to

recently that came

cause

rotary mower as

lost a finger

I agree on the stupidity remark..it can be limitless. while there is a top limit to 'smart. The best you do is to be correct...but you can be wrong on thousand different facets. Einstein said something like that.

Gods patience though... that may not be correct...Darwin seems to limit idoocy at warp speed, it only seems to take forever... just look at US foreign policy for example. The repercussions will arrive instantly if not sooner.

Phil Scott

Reply to
Phil Scott