Homebrew high voltage coil driver circuit video

https://youtu.be/KcWrrlTRFdM

https://youtu.be/KcWrrlTRFdM

Just a little demonstration...

--
Up until 1948 there was a gold medal for town planning in the Olympics.

snipped-for-privacy@decadence.org Wed, 11 Dec 2019 23:55:13 GMT in alt.engineering.electrical, wrote:

Kewl. Was yours using a 12volt battery and car ignition coil as well? Or, did you opt for something easier to work with that was already producing suitable high voltage AC?
--
Tis better to light a flame thrower than to curse the darkness.

Wed, 11 Dec 2019 23:55:13 GMT in

AC line and a 10kV, 1mA kerosene burner ignition transformer. It was about an eight inch cube. I am sure the voltage dropped when the arc was going.
I have seen one 12 feet tall that had like a 100kV feeder. It is at the Fry's Store in Santee, California. I have a video of it somewhere.
snipped-for-privacy@decadence.org wrote in Wed, 11 Dec 2019 23:55:13 GMT in

I found youtube vids of it. I searched "Fry's Jacob's Ladder
It is more like 8 or ten feet.