how to choose slots while designing dc m/c

I am a student of electrical engg .. while choosing the no. of slots why do we use the relationship slots/pole should be integer + 1/2 ... and whats the reason for slots/pole pitch = integer + 1/2 .. are there ne other considerations which we have to take while applying the above formulas? kapil

Reply to
kapil dube

What is the amount of overlap needed for smothness?

Reply to
Ornik Valid

If you look at how you wind a rotor, you need to bring the coils around so they connect to adjacent bars (lap winding), or exactly two pole pitchs plust one bar. This is so the coil connections work their way around the commutator. If the number of bars was exactly an integer multiple of the poles, then when you wind it, you would connect from a bar, to a bar under the opposite brush and right back to the original bar instead of the one

*next* to the original bar. In other words, you get 'stuck' and can't work your way around with each successive coil.

daestrom

Reply to
daestrom