Is there an electrical device to split the workload between two plug outlets?

I will soon purchase a 1,000+ watt AC for my room. However, my home's wiring is old, and it can't support a high-powered application like a
space heater. Therefore, my idea is to buy a window unit AC, but split the power demands to two plug outlets. This is the opposite of a multi-outlet surge protector where many small devices are plugged into one outlet.
Is there an electrical device to split the workload between two plug outlets? If so, where can I buy this and how much?
Finally, regarding safety issues: My plug outlets are 2-pronged (no ground). Would there a risk of fire or anything?
Thanks for your reply. In the past, when we used space heaters, the entire electricity system in our old home stopped working - except for the kitchen where 2 plug outlets worked. I'm really worried about tripping the breakers, because we would, literally, live in darkness and with lots of heat for a couple of days.
From the sound of things, it seems that there are no devices on the market which would allow me to do this.

2.7182818284590... wrote:

The device you describe would create a safety hazard as well as an electrical code violation. You already have a safety hazard that could cause a fire if your electrical wiring cannot support a space heater. You'll need an electrician to resolve it.
Ed