looking for wire specifications

I'm looking for information about wire specifications for both copper and aluminum wire. I'd like to know the standard circular mils for various standard AWG sizes, and what the cmil-ohms per meter is for these materials at various temperatures. If there is variability of the material, then an average would probably suffice, though it would be nice to know by just how much it does vary. So far googling has shown nothing more than bits and pieces of information.

Reply to
phil-news-nospam

SQLit

Reply to
w_tom

Reply to
Mr. Smith

| For circular mils for various wire sizes including those not in the National | Electrical Code try: |

Actually, I already have the sizes, though the above list added 41 through

44 for me.

| circular mil ohms per foot of conductor at 20 degrees C. is 10.371 ohms for | 100% IACS copper, and 17.002 ohms for 61% IACS aluminum (used for actual | building wire) Multiply by 3.28 to convert to ohms per meter | absolute value of inferred temperature of zero resistance is -234.5 degrees | C. for copper and -228.1 degrees C. for aluminum. | | The resistances are assumed to pass through 2 points, at 20 degrees C. and | inferred temperature of zero resistance, in a straight line so use the | point slope method to find equations for the lines.

I didn't know the resistance change was linear with respect to temperature change. That makes things easier ... at least up to the melting point.

| Circular mil resistances or specific resistance, for various materials can | be found at in the American Electrician's handbook or for pure materials | try: |

Lots of nice data at these pages and others.

Anyone know the dielectric strength of liquid CO2?

Reply to
phil-news-nospam