Mapping Circuit?

Hi,

My question actually regards mapping a pneumatic circuit, but I thought that if there is a basic theory then it would be discussed in the electrical engineering area. My question is the given a 2 dimensional circuit board (X" x Y") and Z logic elements, how can these elements be connected so that 1) no path are crossed, and 2) path distance is minimized. Is there a theory that addresses this problem? Any help appreciated.

TIA, Dan

Reply to
Dan

Isn't it "traveling salesmen problem"?

Reply to
Grzegorz

in article snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com, Dan at snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com wrote on

5/10/04 9:49 AM:

What a great question! If I had a great answer, I could become famous or rich.

Bill

Reply to
Repeating Rifle

What you are looking for falls under Graph Theory.

Click here for some quick definitions:

Specifically, you want a planar circuit with a Eularian path - that would fulfill both your criteria.

Google "graph theory algorithm planar eularian path" and see what comes up.

jason

Reply to
jason

this might help: