RC Circuit Calculation

Is there an easy way to calculate an RC circuit if I want a specific voltage in a given time?

As an example: I have 5-volts into an RC and I want it to reach 2 volts in

500ms.

Iw as trying to use percentages and then resorted to a diff eq but that solves for current over time.

TIA

Reply to
Steve

Steve wrote in news:Xns9AD3B2DA2803Enobodynobodycom@216.196.97.136:

Never mind, I found my equation:

V = V0 ( 1 - e ^ (-t/RC) )

Thanks anyway

Reply to
Steve

Having the expression for current, you can note that the voltage across the capacitor is 5-i*R and you can do the rest. If you haven't the solution of the differential equation try

under the section called "time domain considerations"

Reply to
Don Kelly