A client left a faulty microwave oven at my friend's shop, I opened it up and first thing I checked was, of course the HV fuse. It was open so a new one. Nothing. Checked with my HV probe, at the transformator secondary 3.5 kV(AC). At the magnetron nothing, no DC at all. Thought it was the HV capacitor or the HV diode.Took them home, measured the capacitor with my capacitance meter, 1 ?F ok. Checked with my insulation tester that can put up to 1000 volts, the diode, forward bias 0 ?, reverse bias >10 ?? ok.Of course I didn't do anything as when you repair household appliances you must be absolutely sure you'll repair it, there's no room for experiments.Anyone with a brainwave? Again, the trafo AC ok, DC nothing-something wrong with the magnetron?
6 years ago