welding aluminum foot from werner step ladder

Trying to weld the aluminum foot from my step ladder. The piece is an extruded part and does not seem to want to weld. Any chance this might be

7075 aluminum? If it were is it possible to weld?
Reply to
bitternut

No. If it is 7075 you will have to rivet or bolt it.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Thanks Ernie

I was pretty sure that I remembered you saying before that 7075 was not weldable. Anyways I discovered that the problem was operator error. I had not welded any aluminum in quite a while with my Dynasty200 and when I poked the button to switch to AC I must have stuttered with my finger because the machine was set at DC. I was set at 60 amps so it did not buzz a lot but still I should have noticed right away that it did not sound normal for aluminum. I checked everything but the AC-DC button before waking up. The material was pretty dirty but it welded fine once set to AC. Definitely not

Reply to
bitternut