NEC Bathroom light/fan question

, Someone said that has to be on a separate circuit? I thought just on a GFI and with a flourescent tube/ bath room rated fan unit

anyone know? mah NEC book is stashed right now.

Phil Scott

Reply to
Phil Scott

My broken English is terrible but, the bathroom GFCI is a stand alone circuit. Tie the bathroom light and fan on the hallway circuit.

anyone know? mah NEC book is stashed right now.

Phil Scott

Reply to
Brian

It depends on how many bathrooms are on the circuit with the GFCI. If it is only feeding one bathroom it can feed all the loads in there. If the GFCI circuit feeds more than one bathroom it can only feed the receptacles in those bathrooms, not lights and fans. The fan and light do not actually have to be protected by the GFCI, we are just talking about the circuit.

Reply to
gfretwell