Newbe question

Hi all, Not sure what etiquette applies to your group so I don't wish to offend but I have a question in relation to my house lighting circuitry. I don't appear to have an earth wire running from lampholder to lampholder. There is an earth wire that is connected to the copper plumbing but I don't know what circuit(s) it comes from. The house was built in the 1960's in Australia. Why is this and what does it mean for renovation purposes? V

Reply to
Vianite

In the 1960s I (forget the real dates). Some states in aus did not require ground wires in General Purpose Outlets in some rooms ie Beds and Lounge.

Today a ground is required at every GPO and to every fixed light fitting including those with no metal parts in case a metal one is installed later.

Best to get a licensed Sparky to advise you as no electrical work is permitted in Aus except by licensed worker or or maybe supervised learner.

Reply to
John G