Newgroup Limitation

I have sent the following to Verizon. I hope more do the same. They are eliminating access to all but 8 supergroups.

Why are you deleting perfectly good newsgroups from your service? I routinely access the following" alt.autos.jaguar alt.autos.subaru alt.engineering.electrical alt.ham-radio alt.os.linux.ubunt rec.radio.amateur.homebrew If my access is denied, I will encourage my Senate and House delegations to enact legistation that will restore my legitimate access to these groups. I think the last thing you would want is more legislation on your networks.

Al

Reply to
Al

| I have sent the following to Verizon. I hope more do the same. They are | eliminating access to all but 8 supergroups. | | | Why are you deleting perfectly good newsgroups from your service? I | routinely access the following" | alt.autos.jaguar | alt.autos.subaru | alt.engineering.electrical | alt.ham-radio | alt.os.linux.ubunt | rec.radio.amateur.homebrew | If my access is denied, I will encourage my Senate and House delegations | to enact legistation that will restore my legitimate access to these | groups. I think the last thing you would want is more legislation on your | networks.

If it were the case that Verizon were shutting down their support of Usenet entirely, then maybe I can understand it. But in this case they are playing discrimination. At least Verizon has not been much of a source of Usenet spam. But clearly there are managers there with burrs on their hindsides.

Reply to
phil-news-nospam

Roadrunner is pulling the plug on ALL of usenet. Bummer. Silver lining: I just signed up at news.motzarella.org for free access to usenet. I'm using it right now. Much easier than lobbying Washington!

Reply to
Bryce

This continues to come via Port 80 (Google Groups)

they consistantly refuse to cut off the douchebag.

Reply to
JeffM

When I had this fight with Sprint which became Embarq and AOL, both of whom dropped all usenet support, they said it was such an insignificant number of users they were alienating that they didn't give a shit. As long as we still have usewnet providers I don't care. Giganews is better than the old sprint DSL service or the clunky AOL interface. They have better bandwidth and longer retention.

Reply to
gfretwell