PC-USB Encoder needed, with ~1,500 switches! Options

Hey all,
Ive seen several USB 8-128 possible switch encoders.
I need an encoder that can handle ~1,500 possible switches.

Id then need to write a listener, to decode and call the custom code.
I need to first build the encoderbecauase I cant find anything online. Any suggestions where I should start?

I've seen USB experimenter's kits and USB project bases for sale that provide the USB end of things, and you connect your own electronics and some configuration stuff.
Is this a one-off, or something you expect to make a dozen of, a thousand, or a million?
On Dec 22, 9:58am, snipped-for-privacy@world.std.spaamtrap.com (Michael Moroney) wrote:

Probably 2...one for me, and 1 to sell.