Portable physical mechanical work to electricity generator

As well as a diesel or petrol generator for electricity people may find a mechanical generator useful in some cirumstances. This can be seen in the film "The Flight of the Pheonix ". An exercise bike type of generator could also be useful. This could be very useful in emergencies.

Reply to
Joe

In article , snipped-for-privacy@sky.com says... | As well as a diesel or petrol generator for electricity | people may find a mechanical generator useful in | some cirumstances. This can be seen in the film | "The Flight of the Pheonix ". An exercise bike type | of generator could also be useful. | This could be very useful in emergencies. | ....and the point to your postings is?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I think he is trying to be funny. I am not sure though.

Reply to
John

knows....unusual post ......Ross

Reply to
Ross Mac

Well, I read once that a human in good physical condition can generate something like 1/3 horsepower. 746 watts divided by 3 equals (drum roll) ................... 248 watts. My coffee maker needs 1025 watts.

Dean

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Hey, don't knock it!.. ;-) Back in the Good Old Days, folks in outback Oztralia used to power their emergency HF radios using pedal-powered DC generators - in some cases, just a Generator off an old car strapped to a pushbike frame. With no other form of electricity available, it was the only way to get enough power to call the Flying Doctor...

Cameron:-)

Reply to
Cameron Dorrough

That would be VERY good condition if you could keep it up for even 10 minutes.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany