Proximity induction circuit and circular magnetic accelerator

I am wanting to build a circular magnetic accelerator using a proximity induction sensor to discharge the capacitors, that will activate the electro-magnet coils just before the ball bearing reaches the coil.

My question is this what kind of circuit will I need to build to use an induction sensor to trip a "switch" and send power to the coil nearest the steel ball (there will be an array of coils around the plastic tube)?

I would rather not use a relay, as there would be moving parts, and the switch would have to work quite rapidly once things got going.

I'm thinking that I may have to have several banks of capacitors as there may not be enough time between discharges to charge the capacitors array back up.

And what concepts should I further explore to make this work?

Reply to
jhead