Purple colors help electronics?

I have never heard of Peter Belt but he has some unusual ideas.

Below is an extract of his newsletter. Is he a well-known crank or something like that?

------------------------ END QUOTE ------------------- If you have a CRT TV or plasma screen, you can improve it's picture by attaching a strip of the purple material with Sellotape at the extreme edge of the screen. Be pleasantly surprised. Apply a strip of the purple material along the length of the TV, satellite and radio co-axial cable to hear and see obvious improvements. Further startling improvements can be had by wrapping a strip of purple material on the co-axial plug of aerials and it's adapters. If you own a portable and it has a telescopic aerial, wrap around the purple strip at the base of the diameter of the aerial. Interconnectly, I use a lot of Kimber cable PBJ stuff. Be amazed when you wrap a purple strip on the collar of the phono plug exiting from your CD player. The effect seemed to be more obvious when this is done at source. If one treats both sides of the interconnects, the effect is accumulative. Again, one could apply a purple strip along the length of the interconnect to good effect. The fuse in the main plug can be treated too. Wrap around the purple bit in the centre of the fuse with Sellotape. I say wrap around as I have already tried lengthwise with no effect. Remember to fit a purple strip to all your main plugs. All your batteries benefit too. Wrap around the battery with a purple strip. Trust me, I have tried and tested all these months, they work. Give it a go. By the way, the purple strips respond well if they are attached to CD jewel cases and vinyl from covers. Further to this, audio cassettes and video cassettes respond to a strip of purple attached. As a final reminder, the purple crucifix should be attached to CDs, DVDs and vinyl discs for maximum effect

------------------------ END QUOTE -------------------

Reply to
Will

Needs sectioning.

Reply to
Adrian C

The color purple has amazing value. If you tie a purple ribbon around your little toe you will have a much better sexual experience. Purple condoms further enhance the experience.

Apply a strip of

Reply to
Spokesman

it pretty well known that in electronics colors can play an important part in radiating and reflecting heat. However, anyone who would give event the briefest consideration to the referenced article is probably to far gone on mind altering drugs to hold a rational discussion.

the color purple (violet) is primarily important in electronics as representing the number seven (7) in the color code.

Reply to
TimPerry