Question about 3 phase circuit

Please help me to solve this problem!

What is the meaning of (2+j)ohms in the following question?

In a TT system, 3 phase, 4 wire symmetrical supply system, loads of 2 ohms, (2 + j) ohms and (1 ¡V j) ohms are connected in star in red, yellow and blue phases. The line voltage is 380 volts. If the neutral conductor OO¡¦ is open-circuited, find (i) the potential of the load star-point with respect to earth; (ii) the voltage across the loads; and (iii) the load currents in the three phases.

Reply to
Li

This means either: 2 real + 1 inductive ohms, the magnitude of 1 being implied or it means 2 * (+j) ohms which seems to agree with the preceding text.

There appear to be some weird characters here that don't work well in my news reader.

^^^ More weird characters.

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

this sounds like a test question. pretty scary that someone who has this kind of question on a test does not know what the j operator is.

Reply to
bob peterson

Reply to
B J Conner

Jees! The 'j' operator tells the student to go into journalism! I thought every (wannabe) EE knew that.

Reply to
KR Williams