Convert 3 wire 120 to 240 20amp service

How difficult is it to convert a standard 120 volt 3 wire circuit to a

240 volt 20 amp circuit? There is only a single outlet on this circuit. Thank you
Reply to
Paul S

Nothing to it. Change the breaker at the panel and change the "plug in"

Reply to
Kilowatt

I forgot to mention that the old breaker will only have 1 of the 2 wires you will need on the breaker. You will have to find the white wire on the neutral bus and move it to the other terminal on the new 2 pole breaker and color code it black.

Reply to
Kilowatt

Thanks so much for your advice! Just wanted to be sure it was something a "lay" person might attempt. The current breaker that desired circuit is on is a double 120 breaker. I have no empty slots in my breaker but I do have two single 120 breakers. After removing the circuit that I want to convert to 240 from it's double breaker, I also assume I can move one ot these single breaker circuits to that breaker and then put in the 240 breaker to replace that single ?!

Thanks again so much!

Reply to
Paul S