R-core transformer properties

Good luck to you.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

"John Smith"

** This page has all the dimensions, is in the USA and offer assistance.

** The core is GOSS, with saturation at about 1.6 T.

DC offset in the windings will not be tolerated well.

What sort of audio output tranny are you making ?

SET tube amp maybe ?

Then forget it.

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

I would like to calculate an output audio transformer based on a R20 r-core. However, I could not locate any data for it like core length, area etc. One Japanese web site shows the physical dimensions only. Where can I find the core properties and manufactures web sites? Thanks.

Reply to
John Smith

No, I have an Push-Pull in mind. However, this Japanese outfit sells a SE transformer based on the R20 which seems to perform very well.

John Smith