Re: Using Silicone for Sealoffs

If you did this on my crew, you would be fired for callous disregard of the code. You said it yourself, it is not allowed nor listed for this purpose.

I started filling sealoffs with silicone this week. And let me tell you it > feels so good to do this after 30 years of using that chico shit. Sure > silicone doesn't meet the UL requirements, because the makers of the > sealoffs do not make the silicone and will only get their sealoffs listed > using their obsolete mix and pour powders. We all know silicone will work, > but the industry can's give up selling the powders. Well that stopped today > and it felt so good. It almost feels as good as stepping on a plastic > cabinet and watch it fly into pieces. Or ratchet RMC so hard into a plastic > hub that the hub strips. ha, ha, ha. TGIF..... > >
Reply to
Mike Theis