Rechargeable hearing aid cells?

I am relatively new to hearing aids. It seems that the default primary cell is a zinc-air cell. Output is at1.4 or 1.45 volts. The size designatgion is 312.

My hearing aids came with rechargeable cells. I am not sure what the specs for these secondary cells are difficult to find. My guess is that they are NiMH cell with a nominal output of 1.2 volts. I am not all that familiar with such cells. Ahain, I am guessing that these secondary cell when fully charged measure 1.3 to 1.35 volts before settling to a lower voltage. Does anyone have enough knowledge or experience to let me know just what is used for secondary cells.

The charger charges these cell inductively. That is, there is no electrical connection from the charger to the cell. The coupling is magnetic to the hearing aid assembly itself. Any rectification is in the hearing aid itself.

Reply to
Salmon Egg

What is the make and model of the hearing aids? The battery requirements should be clearly specified in the booklet. If not, the manufacturer can provide this. If you bought internet generic hearing aids throw them away.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Biasi

It seems that when health products are involved, the ability to get good information in the absence of regulation is difficult. That is why I asked for information from a knowledgeable source. The information you get is to use a rechargeable hearing aid battery size 312. For anything else, see your hearing aid provider.

Reply to
Salmon Egg

Once again, who is the manufacturer and what make do you have and maybe I can help.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Biasi