Checking NiMH cells?

Some NiMH cells in blood pressure testers seemed to fail, I measured voltage. That seemed to be OK. After recharging, I still got error messages.

Although there are warnings not to short the cells, I did test them using a ammeter. Some cell ser delivering about 3A. What I take to be the bad ones, delivered less than 1A.

I would appreciate any knowledge imparted to me.

Bill

-- Fermez le Bush--less than 18 months to go.

Reply to
Salmon Egg

I have a relatively cheap blood pressure tester that takes 2 AAA cells. I buy these cells "by the case" for less than $.25 each.

When I was "into" those little portable radios I purchased quite a few NiMH cells. They cost several $dollars each and it seemed that only after a few charging cycles would fail the test the charger put on them.

If I had to guess why your blood pressure tester isn't happy, it might be the voltage is just a little too low. I think the rechargables are 1.2 volts. The "cabon/zink" cells, of course, put out 1.5 volts and the alka cells put out something in the middle.

Reply to
John Gilmer

I should have said that the device uses 4 AA cells.

Bill

Reply to
Salmon Egg