R/V tip out motors burning up

These motors are 12 vdc and are not thermally protected and do not have disconnects that I can find. I asked two repair shops in Alaska what were the main failures in R/V's and they said refrigerators and tip out motors. One service man told me that he has seen the motors not only burn up but they burned up the wiring harness also. I checked Article 551 of the NEC that covers R/V's and found that the low voltage wiring is not covered by the NEC. Additionally, these motors are not labeled with amps, voltage, etc. They simply have a part number on them. Also the RV's do not necessarily have a wiring diagram making working on these things a nigtmare. Any comments. REF:

551.1 Scope. The provisions of this article cover the electrical conductors and equipment other than low-voltage and automotive vehicle circuits or extensions thereof, installed within or on recreational vehicles, the conductors that connect recreational vehicles to a supply of electricity, and the installation of equipment and devices related to electrical installations within a recreational vehicle park. FPN: For information on low-voltage systems, see NFPA 1192-2002, Standard for Recreational Vehicles, and ANSI/RVIA 12V, Low Voltage Systems in Conversion and Recreational Vehicles, 2002 edition.
Reply to
Gerald Newton

I should add that the recent article in the IAEI News magazine on RV's safey did not even mention these motors burning up. On my RV the motor for the bedroom tip out is mounted underneath in a wooden storage compartment. The motor for the living room tip out has already burned out and I had to remove the motor to find the part number since it was on the wrong side. I could not find any disconnects and tried every 12 volt fuse in the panel. There is no wiring diagram available. This unit is the luxury model Fleetwood 35 foot Terry Quantum AX6 fifth wheeler.

Reply to
Gerald Newton