Robin 4102 Earth tester

Hi
I have a Robin 4102 Earth Tester which tests the impedance of a ground earth
connection, it comes with two earth spikes which are connected at 5 and 10
metres plus the earth rod under test, the meter is an analogue type.
This unit was donated to the radio club that I belong to. However, the
batteries were all corroded and needed a new battery connection. I have
cleaned up the battery case, some of the PCB was also corroded so I have
replaced the battery connector and resoldered the dry joints etc.
The unit does a battery test OK but just sits in mid ish position when
switched to measure, I have tried a decade box across it but it just sits in
the same position.
Does anyone have any instructions, service manual or just the method of
testing one of these earth testers.
Many Thanks
Ian
Reply to