Sampling & Reconstruction Theorem?

Can anyone point me to a URL for an original on this?
There are several references to it, but no quotes.
What I'm particularly looking for is the original justification
for the claim that sampling is the mathematical equivalent of multiplying by a comb of Dirac's Delta Function and its delayed siblings.
This claim does not appear in Oppenheim & Schafer which is referenced as the "bible" for DSP, and yet appears in all modern texts.
The claim is at odds with everything that electrical engineers are taught about Delta Functions up to that point.

Is suspect "Airy" that, like many of us, Steve has seen through your little game.
This is the Big K story, is it not? Next it will be your negative frequency crap. Then your phaser nonsense.
Thanks to another contributer I have learned of your posting history. Thank you Graham, most informative and funny. Proof that the devil finds work for idle minds.
Crawl back under your stone.
Chimera
When the packet hit the pocket on the socket on the port, My server said to Chimera, "What message have you brought?" The client it responded in the only way it knew, Sort out these ones and zeros, 'cause I haven't got a clue!:

Nick's good, but even he couldn't find something that small ;o)
--
MattD..

Airy R. Bean wrote:

Big-K Alert!
Big-K Alert!
Be warned that this thread is likely to degenerate very rapidly into contributors be told to 'Grow Up!' and that they are a 'Silly Girl'.
OTOH you may know that already......
--
from
RVMJ

Sure thing. Airy will threaten your family if you upset him.
73s de
GW

That rather depends on what they were taught.
It doesn't contradict anything we teach or that I was taught.
I suggest you go off and think about it.
(negative frequency is not involved.)
Chimera

Why not come and join the fun in uk.radio.amateur Airy posts his crap there quite a lot. You can explain things to him there.
Regards
GW

I'm sure that Brian could explain this to you if you asked him nicely.
Then again you wouldn't understand it.
I'll pop over to uk.radio.amateur and ask him for you.
GW