self-regulating line capacitor at 20 kV with potential transformer?

There are many of these here (Greece, Crete, Iraklion Prefecture) at first I thought they were circuit breakers, but then saw one of them wired in delta, and that's defintely not a way to wire a circuit breaker!and of course circuit breakers don't need potential transformers, they need current transformers! I will post a link to a photo as long as I can take a photo of one of them! (they're only at rural areas!)

Reply to
Dimitris Tzortzakakis

I'm curious to see that! Please share with us. Good to see something real in these engineering newsgroups. They're totally empty or else it's spam. :(

Reply to
Jackson Benete

's not a self-regulated capacitor as I first thought, it's a sulfur hexafluoride (SF 6) circuit breaker and the potential transformer is supllying the auxilliary voltage! I suppose they installled them (there are LOTS of them)so as easily to disconnect a part of the line. before that theu had to open the circuit breaker all the way upstream to the

150/20 kV substation, open the disconnect switch, which would disconnect the line downstream, and then reclose the circuit breaker. closing again the disconnect switch would cause no problems. you can see here upstream a disconnect switch.
Reply to
Dimitris Tzortzakakis