Shunt trip 400 amp

Will a shunt trip breaker trip at an over current if the shunt trip leads are not connected? In other words can you use a shunt trip breaker in the place of a "regular" breaker and just ignore the shunt trip? Or will the shunt trip breaker trip from an internal over current if the shunt trip leads are not connected. Reason: I found a good deal on a new 400 Amp shunt trip breaker on Ebay but I just need a regular trip breaker. Thanks, Ricky

Reply to
ricky smith

Yes you can. The shunt trip is just a solenoid mechanism inside the beaker housing that can be used to trip the breaker. The rest of the mechanism works just fine without it.

-- Tom H

Reply to
HorneTD