Solid State Switch?

I'm wanting to make a battery charger/cycler for multiple packs. My plan is to have one charger/discharge circuit and switch different packs in/out of
the circuit. I could use a power mosfet to ground the negative battery terminal and have a very low RDS but what would happen if I tried to discharge the battery? Would I need both a N-Channel and a P-Channel power mosfet to make the switch bi-directional?
Thanks!
RogerN
Wouldn't it be green of you if you were clever enough to figure out how to take the coulombs of electrons you discharge from one battery and use them for charging another?
peace dawg

is
power
suggestion: discharge through a power transistor configured as a constant current load. Time the discharge to a preset voltage and calibrate a timer to readout in mAH.
a pair of solid state relays would probably work in place of an ordinary SPDT per battery/slot