The White Box

INTRODUCING THE WHITE BOX

Brought To You By: snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Alt.Magick

Introduction:

So, you are paranoid enough to wonder if the police have been tapping your line? Maybe it is the 8 month long drug probe you heard about that led to 19 arrests in your area? Or not, but that's what tipped me off to inventing the White Box. And if you are like me then you will appreciate the peace of mind that comes with knowing that the Department of Homeland Security isn't reading your e-mails to Grandma.

What is a noise-box? It is a device you can attach to your own phone line, which will generate a moderate amount of line noise that makes it impossible for the government to sniff traffic between you and your ISP. But it doesn't generate enough line noise to interfere with your connection. The device is usually called a noise box, and can also be used to add an abnormal amount of noise on the line at, which would make data transmissions almost impossible and voice communications annoying.

I discovered this Box by accident because one of the silver wires in my phone cords was exposed for most of the year. Whenever anything touched it, the cord would generate a small amount of noise on the line. And because my phone was being tapped as part of a drug investigation, my ISP would *drop my call*, but because someone else was listening I couldn't get a dial-tone until I manually forced my modem to hang-up. That may not happen with all wire-taps, but you can be sure that a little line noise makes it really hard for them to know what's happening during a data transmission.

So, now that you know what it is, let us go about the steps of building one.

Building/Installing A Noise-Box:

Materials: 1 5k Potentiometer/10k Potentiometer 15 turn 1 1.0-1.5 uf Capacitor, non-polarized, 100vdc+ 1 100 ohm, 1/2 or 1/4 watt resistor 2 Alligator clips 1 Beige box 1 Green base (closest to victim's house)

Procedure:

1) Solder one end of the capacitor to the middle lug of the pot. 2) Solder one end of the resistor to either remaining end on the pot. 3) Attach alligator clips on the other ends of the capacitor and resistor. 4) Go to the green base by the victim's house. 5) Open the green base to expose the terminal block. 6) With a beige box, locate the victim's line using ANI. 7) Remove the beige box and remember which terminal it was. 8) Take your noise box and hook the capacitor's clip on the tip of the your terminal. (tip - left side) 9) Hook the resistor's clip on the ring of your terminal. (ring - right side) 10) Put the beige box back onto the terminal and press a digit. Listen for any noise, and slowly adjust the pot until you hear a small amount of line-noise. Stop adjusting the pot, remove the beige box, and close the green base. You are done!

Closing:

Pretty nifty, huh? Well, I know there are easier ways of doing this, and I will experiment a bit to find the best combination, so you won't have to go around adjusting pots and shit because this guide was created to interfere with making calls. And not blocking out Wire taps. It may not be perfectly suited as a tool to make it harder to log your traffic, but just a minimal amount of line noise will cause problems while you are being tapped. While it would take a lot more to do it when your line is clean.

Reply to
CoreyWhite

( I changed the text file a bit)

[...]

1) Solder one end of the capacitor to the middle lug of the pot. 2) Solder one end of the resistor to either remaining end on the pot. 3) Attach alligator clips on the other ends of the capacitor and resistor. 4) Go to the green base of your house. 5) Open the green base to expose the terminal block. 6) With a beige box, locate the your line using ANI. 7) Remove the beige box and remember which terminal it was. 8) Take your noise box and hook the capacitor's clip on the tip of the your terminal. (tip - left side) 9) Hook the resistor's clip on the ring of your terminal. (ring - right side) 10) Put the beige box back onto the terminal and press a digit. Listen for any noise, and slowly adjust the pot until you hear a small amount of line-noise. Stop adjusting the pot, remove the beige box, and close the green base. You are done! 11) Remember to remove the white box when you have finished testing.

Closing:

Pretty nifty, huh? Well, I know there are easier ways of doing this, and I will experiment a bit to find the best combination, so you won't have to go around adjusting pots and shit because this guide was created to interfere with making calls. And not blocking out Wire taps. It may not be perfectly suited as a tool to make it harder to log your traffic, but just a minimal amount of line noise will cause problems while you are being tapped. While it would take a lot more to do it when your line is clean.

Reply to
CoreyWhite

Why didnt John Gotti think of this?

Reply to
gfretwell

Since I wrote this article my phone has been flagged because of suspicious online traffic, and the noise I've been blasting into the phone various ways. And once they start tapping you again for little or no reason, I've found the line goes dead after you call gets dropped from the line noise. And you may start getting phone calls that only ring once, or show up as "No number" on the caller ID, just to see if you are even using the phone.

Once it goes dead you have to unplug the modem, and restart the PC. So I'm not so sure if testing this out might even draw extra attention to yourself.

Reply to
CoreyWhite

Remember to use your foil hat when attempting this kind of work.

Charles

Reply to
Charles Perry

reminds me of the X-ray spectacles from the last page of a comic book... or LIVE sea monkeys.

Reply to
TimPerry

...I made a better version of the document...

INTRODUCING THE WHITE BOX

Brought To You By: snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Alt.Magick

Introduction:

So, you are paranoid enough to wonder if the police have been tapping your line? Maybe it is the 8 month long drug probe you heard about that led to 19 arrests in your area? Or not, but that's what tipped me off to inventing the White Box. And if you are like me then you will appreciate the peace of mind that comes with knowing that the Department of Homeland Security isn't reading your e-mails to Grandma.

What is the white box? It is a device you can attach to your own phone line, which will generate a moderate amount of line noise that makes it impossible for the government to sniff traffic between you and your ISP. But it doesn't generate enough line noise to interfere with your connection. The device is usually called a noise box, and can also be used to add an abnormal amount of noise on the line, which would make data transmissions almost impossible and voice communications annoying.

I discovered this Box by accident because one of the silver wires in my phone cords was exposed for most of the year. Whenever anything touched it, the cord would generate a small amount of noise on the line. And because my phone was being tapped as part of a drug investigation, my ISP would *drop my call*, but because someone else was listening I couldn't get a dial-tone until I manually forced my modem to hang-up. That may not happen with all wire-taps, but you can be sure that a little line noise makes it really hard for them to know what's happening during a data transmission. So, now that you know what it is, let us go about the steps of building one.

Building/Installing A Noise-Box:

Materials: 1 RJ11 Coupler 1 5k Potentiometer/10k Potentiometer 15 turn 1 1.0-1.5 uf Capacitor, non-polarized, 100vdc+ 1 100 ohm, 1/2 or 1/4 watt resistor

Procedure:

1) Solder one end of the capacitor to the middle lug of the pot. 2) Solder one end of the resistor to either remaining end on the pot. 3) Open up the RJ11 Coupler and expose expose some copper on the red and green wires. 4) Take your white box and hook the capacitor to the green wire. 9) Hook the resistor to the red wire. 10) Plug a phone line into the white box. 11) You can now adjust the pot to add noise to the line. 11) Remember to remove the white box when you have finished testing.

Closing:

Pretty nifty, huh? Well, I know there are easier ways of do> Charles Perry wrote:

Reply to
CoreyWhite

Hahaha. They wouldn't tap your phone line to read your emails!!!! That is funny.

Got your foil hat on?

Charles Perry P.E.

Reply to
Charles Perry

Don't flatter yourself. You aren't important enough to be worth that sort of trouble.

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

The same person cross-posts to alt.magick (where the 'information' belongs) and alt.magic (magicians who know they are doing tricks).

bud--

Reply to
Bud--

sorry, this series RC circuit will actually reduce noise on the phone line by rolling off audio at some point and shunting RF.

it might cause problems with the ring voltage when pot is at minimum.

Reply to
TimPerry