transformer excitation

Hi

If we have dc hysteresis loop from the manufacturer , how to plot the exciation current in time domain for 50 Hz supply voltage for a transformer

please consider this

Reply to
FAISAL

Hi

If we have dc hysteresis loop from the manufacturer , how to plot the exciation current in time domain for 50 Hz supply voltage for a transformer

please consider this

Reply to
FAISAL

Tell your lecturer you didn't understand

Reply to
John Nice

Here's an interesting paper on the subject I stumbled across:

Paul Hovnanian P.E.

A specific DC hysteresis loop is not sufficient as it is really only of interest when you have a loop for a given maximum flux density. At higher or lower flux densities the hysteresis loop changes. However, you can get an approximation to the AC magnetization curve for a given material by taking the midline of the hysteresis loop. and scaling to Bmax as a function of Hrms for a sine wave (Vrms =4.44fNABmax for a sinusoid and the corresponding current. It is easier to simply get this information directly from the manufacturer. The area of the loop at a given Bmax (not given by a specific B-H curve as there will be an infinite nest of curves depending on the Bmax will give the hysteresis loss per cycle but as there are associated eddy current losses, again it is easier (and necessary) to go back to the manufacturer to get this data.

Reply to
Don Kelly