Unfused 13A plugtop "kettle" lead (UK)

Their local one has to deal with it. Yours would probably be willing to pass it on.

Indeed.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Yes I agree about the fuses, I had just got up and not fully engaged the brain then. I was thinking socket outlet, but typed plugs. Sorry if I misinformed anyone.

BillB

Reply to
billb

Looks like it's TS then. I'm surprised not to have heard from the supplier - which is in fact Misco. I'd have thought they were big enough to be bothered about this sort of thing.

Reply to
Mike Scott

My department bought some RAM for my ThinkPad from Misco, and it went bad after several months, resulting in hard drive corruption. I was able to recover important data though. After running MemTest86 to confirm that the RAM was, indeed, bad, I reported it to Misco and asked for a replacement. Despite the fact that the RAM specification matched that of my laptop, they said that it was "generic memory" which possibly could not be used in a "branded machine" such as my ThinkPad. They then closed with this.

"Unfortunately as you have purchased generic memory and all of our information indicates that you require matched memory (as you do with all branded machines) we are unable to confirm this memory is faulty."

Rather than take up the time of our overworked admin staff to pursue this further on an item of small value, I took some surplus RAM from another employee who had just been upgraded.

But I'll never purchase something from Misco ever again.

Reply to
Michael Hoffman

Slightly wrong... at the time, you were allowed 1 x 15A and 1 x 5A socket on a 15A fuse, 7/029 cable IIRC.

Reply to
ian henden