USA to Australian power

John G wrote:

My advice would be to forget the dryer outlet adapter. What happens if the OP is staying somewhere without a dryer? Or someone wants to try clothes?
A charger for AA NiMH batteries is a common device which should be obtainable at any decent electronics or hardware store. Or Radio Shack.
Leave charger #1 at home and buy a unit over here. You can spend a few extra bucks and get one that will work from 100-240V, 50-60Hz and bring it back home to AUS as a spare.

None of the above...it would work fine, just like back at home. R.
What is the power frequency in Oz?
If it's 60Hz then I have nothing to add.
If it's 50Hz, some chargers would overheat even if they are run at the proper voltage.