Voltage Regulator

Any idea how I can cheaply stabilise a 230v AC supply. I have a 230v AC feed to a metal detector that fluctuates by a couple of volts and I'm not sure if this is causing it to keep tripping on metal detect. Any ideas?

Pete B.

Reply to
Pete Brown

a 230v AC feed

I'm not sure if

ideas?

19/08/2003

I wonder if a computer UPS (online type) might do the job cheap enough?

Reply to
Ian Smith

Depends on your definition of cheap. ISOreg or similar transformers are available with constant outputs. I personally use a 480 3ph unit for a control power application.

I also have 3 metal detectors (Gorring Kerr), 2 units perform flawlessly. The third installation, regardless of which equipment is installed there, has problems with random detections, thousands of them. If you are interested, I would be happy to continue this discussion in greater detail.

A stable power supply is an important criteria, but >Any idea how I can cheaply stabilise a 230v AC supply. I have a 230v AC feed

Reply to
dummy

A two volt variation is a .87% regulation which is quite good. The detector may have an internal DC regulator with input regulation to negate the effect of the 2 volt variation in the 230 volt line. Anyway, the line voltage variation is NOT the problem unless there are large spikes unaccounted for.

Dave M.

Reply to
Dave M.