What is the symbol for a mic?

Hot dogs are sold in packs of ten, while hot dog buns are sold in packs of eight.

Reply to
CellShocked

That's so you can take the two leftover weiners, cut them up, and put them in your mac&cheese. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I do Mac-Chee-Tuna-Pea.

I don't do Mac-Chee-DogBits.

Reply to
CellShocked

Hello Lostgallifreyan, thank you for the detailed reply. I'm the original poster. (Sorry for the delay in replying.) I'm not sure I can see what you are describing.

(A) What does the following mean?

"bar joining tangents on each"

Does it mean a bar which passes thru the intersection of many pairs of tangents where each tangents in a pair is drawn from a points which is situated as if it were the mirror image of the other? This would be a bar drawn down the middle of the overlapping circles.

(B) I'm not sure about this other part of our description:

"extending to a point at each end coexistent with a tangent on the points most distant from each other on the double-circle pattern"

Those "Points on the double circle pattern most distant from each other" would presumably be those points on the 'outer edges' of the double-circle. I don't see a single tangent which passes through those two points. Perhaps you mean a tangent which touches each circle at the point(s) which are the furtherest possible from one other while still permitting the existence a common tangent.

(C) What about the overlap of the circles? Do your circles overlap by a radius? (Such that one circle goes through the other's centre). Or is the overlap more like half a radius?

Can you give us a drawing. It must be easier to understand than any more of this? In the end I only want to know see what symbol you're suggesting for stereo!

Reply to
Eddie

Eddie wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@feeder.eternal- september.org:

Ok, I haven't got picture (or any) hosting so you'll need to tell me somewhere to send it.

If someone can remind me what the right group is called for this I'll try sending it there too.

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in news:LuGdncKZWZqAnnbXnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

Ta. :) I googled a.b.s.e hoping they would tell me the full name, but no.. I wish Google had an exact string search.

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

Google is so screwed up anymore that it isn't funny.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in news:i72dneEn8oLL_HbXnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

I just had a momentary glimpse of how deep THAT rabbithole goes, and it's not an edifying view!

[quote] Sponsored Links

How to Make Electricity $200 DIY kit has electricity co's Exec calling for a ban on its sale.

[/quote]

This thing turns out to be a direct scam, credit card fraud, pure and simple, as Google's own searches will quickly reveal. Google included that as a sponsored link, and worse, they obscured it so the actual link above (the URL isn't the actual link, the "How To Make Electricity" is the link text) doesn't appear in the status bar of a browser when the pointer hovers over it. Further, it contains so much encrypted session-based tracking stuff, AND a payload for the script at the scammer's end appended to their own URL buried in Google's long link.

As far as I'm concerned, with this single move, Google just degenerated into the role of a pimp and procurer of victims for crime, knowing exactly what they do, so that makes them criminals too.

I wonder who this might be reported to, to have a significant effect. I think maybe the old blind eye won't do, now. Google wil say it does, for a while, but given enough reports they'll soon get clobbered enough to make them stop profiting from this degeneration.

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

Lostgallifreyan wrote in news:Xns9CBE6A90BD7A3zoodlewurdle@216.196.109.145:

Oh, and just to head off the chance of a bit of trolling, I clicked the link not because I beleive in it, but because it's a source of endless fascination to me what kinds of crap people come up with to try to convince the public that they have some kind of magic tech. Didn't even see it this time, just a long "but wait there's even more" infomercial caricature. I think someone mentions a couple of solar panels and a windmill... Whole thing makes Arthur Daley look like very high class.

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

THANKS TO ALL WHO HELPED!

Eddie (OP)